*** SHOW NOTES ***
August 3rd Orange County’s John Wayne Airport is back to normal this morning following a power outage Friday night that forced officials to cancel all flights for the evening. LINK
It’s middle of the year, so I have no idea how they can slap “of 2019” on their post.
Here are the top five airports in the US, according to our results:
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Portland (Oregon) International Airport (PDX)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
Here are the five worst airports in the US, according to our results:
- Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) – What are you doing in Detroit.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) – Could use a refresh with their food offerings, but other than that easy to navigate.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) – Two of groups of people here, Pre-Disney & Post-Disney. Each group comes with its own demeanor.
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) – Always busy, and always a place that seems to fall victim to delays.
No Power, No Problem
Decide early, do you need to leave or cancel a trip? If you’re going into a “Hurricane Zone” cancel because no one else is going to be there. Can it be handled with a GoToMeeting? In the early 2000’s when GTM hit the scene, I lost my Delta status
- Carry Cash – A change for me But I normally have a few twenty’s in my wallet.
- Prepare Your Technology – Charge everything you have. IG, Twitter & FB will survive without you checking every five minutes.
- Let People Know Where You Are – I talk to my family at least twice each day, and they have
- Paper Still Rules – Yes, it’s a bit archaic in this day and age but having a piece of paper doesn’t require any technology or power.
- Get to the airport early
- Take UBER to the airport. MCO parking is almost $20.00 per day
- If you check luggage, try curbside check-in. Remember to tip.
- Use the restroom outside TSA – People get off the plane and the bathrooms are full
- Pay attention in the security line – grab your stuff and move away from the conveyer belt.
- Double-check your gate once you get through security. Gates change
- Keep an eye on the time for boarding, set an alarm on your phone
- Grab some napkins from the food court
- Book morning flights, less chance of delay
Next time you find yourself in Nashville check out The Dive Motel.
Nestled on the Old Buffalo Trail, our twenty-three room Motel and Swim Club is only five minutes from downtown Honky Tonks on Broadway, but a world away! We rescued a dilapidated, 1956 Motor Inn, called “The Key Motel,” and reimagined it as the type of Motel experience we would want to share with our friends, old and new. Spinning Disco Balls in every room, hooked up to a custom “Party Switch,” a beach entry 60 ft pool and hot tub, topped off with a Dive Bar & Lounge that serves cold drinks and hot food late into the night!
There you have it, safe travels and thanks for listening.
Find me on: