Here is our update of different happenings around Winter Park for the month of May 2014 being covered in the media:
- The Alfond Inn has welcomed new executive chef Marc Kusche that will be revamping the menu at the signature Hamilton’s Kitchen restaurant at the hotel.
- Rollins College made the national news this month as Tiger Woods ex-wife Elin Nordengren graduated and gave the Commencement speech.
- Winter Park may be getting a Class-A minor league baseball team affiliated with the Milwaukee Brewers with a new Rollins College baseball stadium that will be shared with the team.
- Winter Park was featured on the March 2014 cover of US Airways magazine as the “Florida Oasis Where You’ll Wished You Lived“.
- Winter Park was featured on the USA Today website in their “Orlando for Luxury Lovers” story.
- Whole Foods took one step closer of having their new store start construction as the Winter Park City Commission endorsed a proposed route for the extension of Lee Road.
- SunRail started on May 1st and Winter Park businesses have seen a boost in traffic and revenues because of it.
- The Olive Garden on 17/92 across from Winter Park Village is currently undergoing a remodel.